Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two days in a row, it's a record!

Is it actually a record? It might be.

My fast yesterday went well up until about 9pm, when I started feeling sick. I think part of the issue was dehydration. I don't have good thirst signals, so I wasn't feeling thirsty. I usually drink water at lunch and dinner, but of course I wasn't in the dining hall. I was aware of this as an issue and had been trying to remember to drink water during the day, but I guess I didn't do a good enough job. Anyway, at about 9:15 I fell asleep on A's futon. I woke up again at about 9:45, just in time to go to 10pm Mass in the dorm next door. I was feeling sick to my stomach and dizzy and I had a headache, but I went anyway. I was hoping Mass would make me feel better, but it didn't. I actually left right before Communion because I thought I was going to throw up. (I didn't, as it turned out.) So I missed Communion. :( After Mass I went back to A's room to get my backpack and went to bed, delaying only long enough to say Compline and email the people I'm supposed to volunteer with on Thursday morning and tell them I was sick.

So this morning I woke up at about 10 and ate two cheese sticks even before getting dressed. I still feel somewhat sick (and I have a bit of a headache) but it's been much better today. I think I'm still somewhat undernourished.

My other resolutions have had mixed results. I didn't do my Bible or my rosary yesterday, although I think I might have if I hadn't been feeling so terrible after Mass. I have been doing fairly well on the charity towards B. (I was starting to get annoyed with him at one point, so I put my head down on my desk and prayed for him. I will have to remember this strategy.) Dessert is going fine, but it's not far enough in to have become a struggle yet. As soon as this blog post is done, I'll say Vespers and my rosary and read the Bible. (Then I have to do homework, and say Compline, and then go to Mass, and then meet my friends to plan spring break's road trip....)

We had our third theology club organizing meeting today and dang are we organized. We have a monthly schedule and most of our details worked out, and the next step seems to be to meet with the organization that approves clubs and become official. Afterwards I had a delightful dinner with one of the other guys organizing. (B and R saw me and thought I was on a date....don't they know I would have told them if I had been asked on a date??) We were talking about life plans, so I told him about a special needs orphanage in China that takes US volunteers that I'd love to go work with. This guy has two sisters with Down's about coincidences!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because of spam. If what you have to say is even vaguely relevant, don't worry, I'll post it. If you want me NOT to post your comment, just mention that and I won't.