Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Seven Quick Takes

~~ 1 ~~

To follow up from week before last, the visit went great and I am happy about it. Missing K terribly now. I did not anticipate the distance being so tough. My last long distance relationship was nowhere near this hard. I take it this is a good sign?

~~ 2 ~~

My friend sent me a link to a secular website promoting the Creighton method of NFP over artificial contraception. I was pleased, but at the same time it makes me slightly sad. The voices that say, "Don't use contraception, avoid children this way instead!" are so much louder than the voices that say, "It's okay to have eight kids," even in religious circles. (I do know there are legitimate reasons to limit family size so please don't get insulted.)

~~ 3 ~~

My little sister's friend from a play she is in died on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning sometime. It was completely unexpected, and as I write this, I don't know what the cause of death was. Please pray for him and his family.

~~ 4 ~~

I started writing this post on Wednesday and never got around to finishing it until today. Sigh.

~~ 5 ~~

Check out this article: 10 Great Tips to Help You Pray, Not Just Say, the Rosary. Much of the advice is transferable to other prayers as well.

~~ 6 ~~

I have not been doing much knitting lately, and I miss it.

~~ 7 ~~

I've been watching the BBC Sherlock with my family. It's interesting and well-done. I recommend it. (Warning: It would be more accurate to say that it is inspired by Doyle's Sherlock Holmes storied than that it is an adaptation for film. If you can't get over that, don't see it.)

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because of spam. If what you have to say is even vaguely relevant, don't worry, I'll post it. If you want me NOT to post your comment, just mention that and I won't.